About Me: I am a professional counsellor and have the following qualifications & training.
- Counselling Diploma & Counselling Skills Certificate.
- Over 12 years experience working with children, young people & adults
- Currently working in a local primary school (5 and over) using play therapy
- CBT Diploma & certificate in CBT.
- Certificate of Theory & Practice in Couples & Relationship Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Hypno-psychotherapy.
- Current member of the BACP
- Current member of British Association of Play Therapists
- Current insurance
- CRB checked
- Committed to ongoing professional development
- Engage in the recommended monthly supervision.
I strongly believe in educating and facilitating people to develop awareness and coping strategies to help them to deal with demanding and challenging lives. I deliver a counselling approach which is most appropriate to your needs and I am experienced in all aspects of the assessment and treatment process.
I graduated from University with a BA Hons Degree in Business and Law, before going on to gain a PGCE. I then worked with children, young people and adults for over 12 years at a number of educational institutions before retraining as a counsellor.
I have a vast experience of working at a busy Medical Centre, predominantly with people suffering depression, anxiety and panic. I now divide my time between working at various primary schools using play therapy and I also work as a private counsellor at Bridge House in Bolton, working with couples, relationship issues, adults and teenagers.
As well as working with adults and young people I also work with children of primary school age using play therapy which is non directive and is based on the person centred counselling style. Low confidence/self esteem can lead to low aspirations, poor educational achievement, truancy and exclusion from school. Counselling can help improve children’s classroom learning and build their resilience, providing them with brighter prospects and hopeful futures.
For more information call me on 0711 835576.
Areas of counselling I also deal with are:
- Bullying/Child Related Issues
- Couples Therapy
- Eating Disorders
- Low Self- Confidence/Low Self-Esteem
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal Depression
- Relationship Issues
- Self harm
- Work related issues.
- Binge Drinking
Call Dionne: 0711 835576 if you would like more information.